Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Succesfull Day!

It is all done for now! Finally, the big day of my competition arrived.
I feel I was well prepared but I have to confess that I did not feel as well prepared as I was for last November's competition. It was well for me because this March I made some errors which allow me to learn more and prepare better for my next competition in November, 2011.


In any case, March 19, 2011 was a very special day for me and for my family as well. In this occasion my daughter Melissa had the opportunity of staying with me backstage and to help me with all the preparations. It was of great help to have her there with me. When you are almost ready to climb that catwalk on the stage, you are very nervous and stressed. There are many details you have to review: make sure the tan colour on your back is not running, the even distribution of the oil on your body, making sure you don't leave fingerprints on your body because in the lime light they can see every detail. And many little things that you cannot see for yourself when all the make up and tans and oils are on your body. To take care of all these details was my daughter who diligently helped me fix what needed fixing.
I competed in the Athletic Fitness Category in which I place second. Also competed in the Bikini Category and took third place in this one. The last trophy was a third place for Audience Choice. Oh yeah!
 All in all it was worth so much hard work and diet. I learned though that for my next show I will start the diet 12 weeks in advance. That will give me time to prepare and diet down a lot better.
Well, for now I am resting a bit, but because I also won a Photo Shoot modeling for sports clothes from TITIKA, I have to maintain a mini diet sort of speak for the next two weeks so that I can be ready for the photography sessions. Thank you friends for following me here in my blog and we will see you soon!
I don't want to close without saying many thanks to Dianne Stewart from Dianne Stewart Photography who was my personal photographer and sponsor for this show, THANK YOU DIANNE for your time and dedication, I love all the photos and obviously, my family loved them as well
THANK YOU William and my children for their patience and unconditional love, I love you all!







Liliana