Monday, February 28, 2011

Only Three Weeks left to the Big Day!



Even though this is the second time that I prepare for a Fitness Competition, I find myself very anxious to know how the Big Day will unfold.
I have visited many times the Show's Web Site, www.fitnessstarnetwork.com,  to take a look at the other competitors. I have read one and one thousand times over what the judges expect from each of us: The poses, the different categories, the rules ect.,  and I think that in this way, even when the Big Day arrives, I am going to be very nervous preparing myself  to reach the goal I want to reach.
What is my Goal? Well, to have my body and mind at a 100% that day, to be able to present myself in an ideal physical state for my category and to be able to place myself at an optimum level compared to the other competitors.
Oh, yes, to be Numero Uno would be just great, but the truth is that by just having the guts to stand and pose not only in front of 5 or 6 judges but also in the center stage of a room filled with approximately 300 people, is in itself a great achievement for me.
At this point in the preparation for the Big Day, I have to start preparing my body for the beginning of the depletion of carbohydrates and water. Then, I will start to see, hear and see my body respond to the diet.
Please Note: if you are following the diet I have posted in my blog, make sure to consult with a doctor to make sure it is safe and appropriate for you. The posting of my diet with the depletion of carbohydrates is very hard on your system and is NOT for everyone.
  • Starting on Sunday, Feb. 28 and next day, my diet will be very low in carbs. I will also drink approximately 11/2 Gallons of water.
  • On Tuesday Zero carbs and the same amount of water as the last 2 days
  • On Wednesday, I will consume approximately 25 grams of carbs with each meal and will cut down the water to one Gallon.
  • On Thursday, I will increase the carbs to 50 grams and water will be only 3/4 of a Gallon.
  • On Friday, from 50 to 70 grams of carbs with each meal and this day I can add some salt to my food and cut the water to 1/2 gallon only, but this will also be the day that I could eat things that I have been craving all week, Yeah!!
In regards to my exercise routine, I will change it a bit to increase the intensity without focusing in lifting heavy, but in repetitions. I will be doing, for some exercises, some 20 -25 repetitions and will decrease the resting time between sets. In this way, I want to overload the muscle with oxygenated blood and increase my metabolic rate at the same time. 
My cardio will increase to 45 minutes in the mornings and in the afternoon I will continue with my Zumba classes for one hour. Yupi!! Zumba has to be my favorite hour of cardio.
Did you know that in one hour of Zumba you could burn from 500 to 800 calories?Zumba workouts can vary in intensity and calorie burning depending on the individual's weight, level of fitness and body composition.
An average person of say, 150 lbs., can expect to burn in that one hour dance/exercise some 536 calories. By comparison, the same person could burn 413 calories during an hour of moderate swimming; 477 during an hour of casual racquetball and 684 during an hour of running at a 10-minute-mile pace!So, take the next "step" and come with me to dance, exercise, learn Latin steps and burn calories all at the same time in my Zumba classes.
For further information about this exciting hour of wellness, visit my facebook page: "Zumba with Liliana in New Hamburg, and wellesley area".
See you all soon!